Bow sights, also referred to as bow scopes, are gadgets usually mounted on the bow riser so that you can aim your shot better. Similar to the sights used in shot guns, bow sights are designed to help hunters gain more control of where they aim their arrow. The technology behind it allows the bow hunter to have a better view of where the projectile is pointing. After all, the whole point to shooting a bow (for most people) is to be as accurate as possible; the hunter is looking for the clean kill, and the target shooter is looking to make an accurate shot from varying distances.
- Best Bow Sight Reviews for 2022 (sorted by type)
- 1. Field Logic IQ 5 – Best bang for your buck
- 2. TruGlo Carbon XS 4 Pin .019 – Best budget multi-pin bow sight
- 3. Trophy Ridge React Pro – Best 5-pin sight for hunting
- 4. Trophy Ridge React V5 – Best vertical fixed bow sight
- 5. Trophy Ridge React H5 – Best multi pin bow sight for target shooting
- 6. Trophy Ridge Pursuit – Very cheap and light one pin sight
- 7. HHA OL-5519 Optimizer Lite – Best compound bow sight for archery shooting
- 8. HHA Optimizer Lite 3019 – Best single-pin bow sight for bow hunting
- 9. APEX GEAR Covert – One of the most accurate vertical sights
- 10. Trophy Ridge React-One – Top-rated adjustable one-pin sight
- 11. TRUGLO Pendulum – Best bow sight to use on a tree stand
- Bow Sight Types
- Our bow sight reviews summary
While it is not impossible to shoot without a bow sight, it can become extremely difficult; especially when you shoot from a long distance. A bow sight can greatly enhance you shooting skills and increase your accuracy. That is why it is recommended that both novice and pro archers should get the best bow sight they can afford. Even though some hunters still shoot a bow by instinct, bow sights have become the modern day evolution. We are all looking for advantages, and while these sights will definitely provide them for you, it’s important to take the time figuring out which one will work best.
Whether it’s a basic option for the beginner or an extreme choice for the seasoned veteran, our bow sight reviews are designed to help all levels of experience. We also realize you are trying to find the best bow sight for the money, so we have put together some extensive information to make the decision process simple.
Best Bow Sight Reviews for 2022 (sorted by type)
1. Field Logic IQ 5 – Best bang for your buck
Over the years we have read several IQ bow sight reviews. After trying more than 10 different sights in this category, we believe the Field Logic IQ 5-pin sight is one of the best bow sights in its category. You will definitely pay more for the technology it provides, but it might be the only sight investment you will ever have to make.
Initially, we thought it would best be suited for beginning hunters, but the more we use it, it is probably best utilized by all hunters. One of the features is instant feedback technology, which helps each hunter control their consistency, form, and muscle memory. Its goal is to help you become a better bow hunter.
Just remember though, this sight is going to bring your flaws to light. If you are gripping the bow wrong, it’s going to let you know. Even though it might be a bit frustrating in the beginning, you will grow as a hunter or target shooter. Just wait until you experience the immediate accuracy the Field Logix IQ 5 provides.
Here are a few added features:
- .019 fiber optic pins
- Adjustable second axis
- Allows you to shoot longer distances in tighter groupings
- Options for left and right-handed shooters
If you do decide to purchase the Field Logic, the sight is not available for both left and right-handed shooters. You have to either purchase the right-handed version or the left-handed version. We realize this might be the difference between purchasing this product or another one of our best bow sights, which is why it is important to share with you. The good news is; if you are left-handed, it is a less expensive purchase.
Some things to consider
- One of the main benefits associated with this compound bow sight is its trademark technology that is designed to help you improve every aspect of your aim and firing abilities. The “retinal lock” will accurately give you feedback on form and consistency, while also helping to control muscle movements. This can help eliminate any jerky motions that might be throwing your aim off so you can make accurate shots close up and at a distance.
- This bow sight from Field Logic is designed to be comfortable for right-hand shooters to use and will immediately improve consistency and accuracy. It is designed to be easy to mount on a compound bow, and you will also appreciate how simple it is to adjust the sight, including the 2nd axis. With this sight you might never need to use a peep again, especially since you can even make accurate groupings which is always an advantage whether you are hunting or target shooting. While this sight does come with 5 pins each one can be easily adjusted so you can make accurate shots vertically and horizontally.
- With the five pins, you can set the sight for shots as close at 10 yards or hit the target consistently at a distance. The IQ dot makes it easy to center each shot before you release the string, and its bright light even allows you to accurately hit the target in the dark. As an added bonus this bow sight from Field Logic also comes with a money-back guarantee if you are not completely satisfied with its performance.
- If you frequently find yourself hunting in the early morning or late at night you will appreciate the included fiber optics. The .019 fiber optic pins provide you with plenty of light, and you will appreciate the different colors when you are lining up with the target. The individual colors let you see which pin you are sighting with so you don’t accidentally try and make a long distance shot with a pin sighted for close range.
2. TruGlo Carbon XS 4 Pin .019 – Best budget multi-pin bow sight
One of the first benefits we noticed about the TruGlo Carbon XS is the quality of the sight. It’s one of the most inexpensive choices available, which is why we were surprised. Just like the Trophy Ridge 5, this option comes with good lighting features that can be utilized in the lowest-lighted settings when hunting.
We also found the shooter ring glowed in the dark, which was a nice touch. We spoke with several other hunters to get their take on the TruGlo Carbon XS, and most of them enjoy the sight, especially when you see the overall cost.
Some of the other features
- Bigger field of view – this sight offers a 1.8 inch inner diameter for the aperture.
- Reversible bracket
- TRUTOUCH soft-feel technical coating – this allows for a lighter composite construction
- TRUFLO fiber design
- Two vertical bar level
- Works for left and right-handed shooters
Once we completed our own research on the TruGlo Carbon XS, we did find a few hunters that didn’t necessarily like everything about it. Some of the issues involved the mounting bolts being an odd size, which means the user had to make adjustments to get it mounted properly. However, we went a step further and found that in each situation where this was an issue, these bows had already been modified. In turn this was part of the problem.
Also, there were a few individuals that cracked the sight, because they tightened the bolts too tight. If you feel this is the best option for you, we highly recommend being careful when mounting any sight to the riser. This is a potential warning that can happen with most bow sights, but if you respect the product, there shouldn’t be any problems. In the end, we would consider this to be the first choice for a beginning archer or if it is the first sight you are about to purchase.
Some Things You Should Consider
- Experienced hunters know how important the feel of the bow is, and how the slightest change can throw off their aim. This can occur when a sight is mounted improperly or if it is too heavy. With this sight by Truglo weight is never a problem. It comes with a lightweight construction that is easy to mount evenly on almost any compound bow. It is constructed from a durable carbon composite material, which can easily handle the rigors of use in the field. Hunters will also appreciate the camouflage design that blends in perfectly with their surroundings. You also have the advantage of the protective coating that also provides you with a comfortable feel.
- The last thing you want to do in the field is spending time adjusting your sight, and that is never a problem with this model from Truglo. It is designed to be comfortable for left and right-hand bows, and can be easily adjusted for either style of shooting. The two vertical bars make mounting the sight evenly quick and easy, and you also have the advantage of the reversible bracket. Since the bracket can be adjusted you can easily make accurate vertical shots without having to take the time to move the pins. This lets you shoot prey uphill or take aim from a tree stand. It also allows you to make accurate shots close up or at a distance.
- There is very little not to like about this affordable bow sight. There are four pins that are simple to adjust, and you will also appreciate the wide field of view. This ensures that you can see everything in the area so you always know when prey comes into range. This sight also comes with a shooter’s ring that glows in the dark so you can even use it to line up your peep sight. The fiber optics make it possible to hunt in low light conditions when the game is most active, though it should be mentioned that in some areas it is illegal to be in the field after dark.
- You also have the advantage of the small push button light so you never have to take the chance and fire an arrow blindly at a target. Designed with safety and accuracy in mind, this affordable sight might be just what you need for your compound bow.
3. Trophy Ridge React Pro – Best 5-pin sight for hunting
Equipped with the React technology that Trophy Ridge employs on many of the bow sights the company makes, this model ensures that all the five pins will be adjusted automatically so that you always enjoy mathematical accuracy. There is something, however, that sets apart the Trophy Ridge React Pro from other models in the same line.
While its siblings work with dual-axis adjustment, this one takes things even a little further and comes equipped with third axis adjustment for even longer distances. All the materials used in making it are top notch quality, such as stainless steel and solid aluminum.
Created to offer excellent performance in low-light conditions, it even comes equipped with a rheostat light, which means that you will be able to save up a little money since you don’t have to get one of those separately. The simple operation makes it a hit with the vast majority of bowhunters, although the more seasoned ones will appreciate it more.
Some other Features
- Available in .010-inch and .019-inch pin configuration
- You can purchase the model for right-handed users or left-handed users
- The glow in the dark ring design adds visibility
- The React technology aligns all the pins for maximum accuracy
You may feel a bit disappointed that this bow sight is not versatile, and you need to purchase the version that suits you as a left-handed or right-handed user. However, seeing how precise this bow sight is, you might not find this drawback that important.
Some Things To Consider
- One of the last things you want to worry about when you are out in the field is your gear. If you have to spend time concentrating on your sight you could miss making that perfect shot. Hunters need a sight that is dependable and capable of producing a consistent performance, which is why Trophy Ridge designed the Punisher sight. Each pin is designed to be easy to adjust and most important can be quickly replaced if a problem occurs. Since the pins can be replaced without the use of additional tools you can easily correct any problems even when you are in the field.
- Not everyone has the same style of shooting, and the designers at Trophy Ridge understand this. This bow sight is designed to be used by left and right hand shooters, and will also provide you with a reliable performance. Whether you hold your bow at a slight angle or straight on, it is capable of matching your particular style. Simply adjust the pins accordingly and amaze your hunting partners with your new found skill and accuracy. This also allows you to make humane kill shots, which is always an advantage for you and the prey.
- When you get a new sight that last thing you want to do is spend a lot of time trying to mount it properly. Simply by using a level you can easily install this sight for accuracy. You will also appreciate the versatile design of the Punisher, which is not only designed to be used by all types of shooters, it can also be effective in a variety of scenarios. The pins can be adjusted for straight shots, along with firing arrows uphill and down at targets. This makes it ideal for use in the blind, along with up in a tree stand.
- The bow sight also has the advantage of fiber optics which makes it easier to see your target in low light. While it is not advisable to hunt in the dark, the fiber optics will allow you to line up with your prey during the early morning or evening hours. This way you can be in place when game animals are generally the most active. While there isn’t a light included, one can be easily added if necessary.
4. Trophy Ridge React V5 – Best vertical fixed bow sight
When you go shopping for bow sights, there are certain aspects you have to remember, but the most important is the ability of the product you choose to ensure superior precision. The Trophy Ridge React V5 works with the React technology whose primary role is to adjust at the pins in such a manner that you can always land a precision shot.
Another thing that you will like about this model is the Vertical In-Line technology used for the pin system that is designed in such a manner that the bow sight will not end up obstructing your view instead of giving you a clear shot. Like other siblings in the same line, it works with the Ballistix CoPolymer system which keeps it lightweight, but vibration-free.
Adjusting the bow sight to fit your needs and preferences is easy, and you will be able to use windage and elevation adjustments with the help of tool-less operation.
Some other features
- Dual-axis adjustment available, for shooting with pinpoint accuracy at vast distances
- The ring glows in the dark, for added visibility
- Rheostat light is included
- Lightweight aluminum construction
One thing that we believe you should know about this model is that it only comes in the right-hand style, so left-handed bow hunters are advised to shop around a little more. Seeing that this company makes a wide variety of bow sights, you will certainly find a good quality model.
Some Things To Consider
– Multi-pin models are highly appreciated for the extra accuracy usually offered, and this model is no exception to the rule. What makes this model stand out from the competition is that it comes along with something called Vertical In-Line pin technology. That’s a fancy name for the particular placement of the five pins available that is not horizontal like it is the case in the vast majority of such bow sights available on the market. That can give you an excellent advantage, as it will not obstruct part of your view. Especially when you intend to shoot targets that are at long distances from your position, and they appear quite small through your sight, you will need every fraction of an inch of visible space to land a secure shot.
– Another thing that many bowhunters find above average in this model is the full range of adjustments possible. To start with the obvious, you will like the tool-free micro adjustments in place for windage and elevation. If you need mathematical accuracy, and clear increments, the micro-click operation will surely provide you with the means to maintain your precision, regardless of conditions. Another adjustment option at your disposal is the dual axis operation that will allow you to keep the same superior accuracy when you’re shooting at targets located at large distances from you.
– This bow sight is not affected by vibrations even when you shoot, and that is something that must be talked about. The Ballistix CoPolymer system provides good encasing for the optics so that your visibility will not become affected by the natural vibrations that happen each time you release an arrow from your bow. What is equally impressive, because the body is made of aluminum, the bow sight is lightweight, which means that it will not encumber your weapon with unnecessary weight.
– The React pin technology in place is another aspect to address, seeing how much it influences how precise this bow sight is. By adjusting only two pins, the others will fall into place, which eliminates all the extra work with calculating their locations. Even if you may feel a little skeptical, it is a good idea to give it a try, as you might be quite impressed with how well this works. Other users also mention that their disbelief evaporated the first moment they saw how easy the technology works, and how much time can be saved by this alone.
5. Trophy Ridge React H5 – Best multi pin bow sight for target shooting
This bow sight is designed to work out of the box and help you identify your prey, regardless of light conditions. You can hardly get any better than this, for the simple reason that the model comes with a rheostat light, and you won’t have to purchase one separately, as it is the case with other bow sights on the market.
You will love the fact that this model is lightweight, yet you won’t have to deal with vibrations, due to the Ballistix CoPolymer system employed on the bow sight. When you need to make corrections to windage or elevation, the simple operation of this bow sight will leave a lasting impression.
Another thing that you should know about it is that it comes equipped with a dual-axis adjustment which allows you to increase your accuracy even when you have to shoot your arrows over long distances. Also, you can adjust the rheostat light brightness to suit your hunting conditions, for maximum results.
Features of this model
- Five .019-inch pin design – the fiber optic pins are bright and allow you to see clearly when shooting arrows in less-than-ideal light conditions
- Bubble level for precision control
- Three mounting positions
- Locking knob for elevation
While it does come with its own rheostat light, some customers mention that the light is not on par regarding quality with the rest of the construction, so that may be something you would like to bear in mind before making a purchase.
Some Things To Consider
– Even the most pretentious bowhunters can say that this is a bow sight that is worth the expense, down to the last penny. The excellent and durable construction is one of the main selling points of this model, simply because it can take a lot of wear and tear, which is not something you can usually say about such pieces of equipment. When you put your gear through extensive usage, you will notice that the pins will stay in place, and the overall construction will not suffer a dent. Besides the quality of the materials used, the way the bow sight is built guarantees that you will not have to search for a replacement anytime soon.
– The number one reason why this model is praised for its precision is the fact that adjusting the pins is comfortable and easy. Moving the pins where you need them to be to ensure that they will provide the accuracy in the field you are expecting from such a piece of gear, is conducted without a glitch and you will enjoy mathematical precision that you wouldn’t normally get with other models, even more expensive than this one.
– Let’s talk a little about the React technology that is employed by the manufacturer on this model. It is that thing that gives you the extra edge you need to make sure that your performance in the field is unrivaled. You only need to set two pins, and you will notice how the others will fall into the right place right away, which means that you don’t have to run complex mathematical operations just to set up your bow sight properly.
– If you want to hunt in less than ideal light conditions, you will be convinced quite quickly that the Trophy Ridge React H5 is the right model for your needs. First things first, the pins are made from ultra-bright fiber optics that will glow in the dark, which means that you will gain an extra edge over your prey in this manner. Also, you must know that you will get a rheostat light, free of charge with your purchase. Seeing that this model is quite decently priced, you will appreciate not having to spend extra on accessories, like this one. You can adjust the brightness on the rheostat light as you see fit, so you will always be in charge of how your bow sight works.
6. Trophy Ridge Pursuit – Very cheap and light one pin sight
If you are looking for a high-quality product with an inexpensive price tag, the Trophy Ridge Pursuit is the best single-pin bow sight in our opinion. The rheostat light offers an added lighting benefit as well, which is a typical feature of today’s bow sights. We used this a few times, and even though it provides excellent accuracy without tape on the rear, we recommend purchasing some anyways.
We shot ten projectiles with no tape and basic yardage estimations. However, adding a tape kit increased the accuracy dramatically. Since the Trophy Ridge Pursuit is already inexpensive for the quality it provides, purchasing some HHA EZ tape (yardage is already marked) will be worth every penny.
Some other features offered
- Adjustable indicator pin
- Aluminum Construction
- Silent adjustments
- Unlimited pin settings
Installing the Trophy Ridge Pursuit is simple, so you do probably not need any instructions. It’s a good thing too, because you won’t find any instructions available, or at least we didn’t. If this is a common issue and you feel uncomfortable mounting the Pusuit yourself, take it to the local archer establishment and they will do it for you. This is also very inexpensive.
Some Things You Should Consider
- With a housing that measures 1.75 inches and two long screws included, this bow sight can be evenly mounted on almost any compound bow quickly and easily. The Pursuit from Trophy Ridge also comes with a lightweight and durable construction that won’t affect the balance of you bow. This ensures that you don’t have to compensate for additional weight, which can throw off the accuracy of your shots. It is constructed from sturdy aluminum which is resistant to rust and corrosion so you can take this sight with you regardless of the weather.
- Even though this bow sight only comes with one pin, it is still able to provide you with accurate and precise shots. There is an indicator that helps you adjust the pin for wind and elevation, which allows you to accurately hit your target in a variety of situations. If you frequently find that you need to make accurate shots uphill or down onto your target, the 3rd axis adjustability will ensure that all of your vertical shots land in the center of the target. This makes this sight perfect for use in blinds and even in tree stands.
- The last thing you want to worry about is noise or vibrations when you are hunting with a bow, and that is not an issue with this sight from Trophy Ridge. Known for its high-quality products, the manufacturers have designed this sight with Delrin bushings which prevent any metal from rubbing so you can sight, adjust and fire arrows silently. It also comes with fiber optics so you can easily see your targets in low light, and there is even a rheostat light included so you are never firing arrows blindly.
7. HHA OL-5519 Optimizer Lite – Best compound bow sight for archery shooting
Another single pin adjustable sight, the HHA OL-5519 is a universal option, but best used for target shooting. It comes with easy to understand instructions so you can set up your distances based on your hunting needs. We have found that newer sight hunters enjoy the educational instruction, because it helps them understand the best sticker tape to use on their sight.
The yardage sticker that comes with the HHA OL-5519 is already pre-printed, so there is no need for spending time setting distances yourself. We personally like using handmade settings ourselves, but we know plenty of hunters prefer eliminating this from the setup process. It’s one of the many reasons we believe this is the best bow sight in this category.
A couple of the features
- .019 single sighting pin
- R.M.O.R. pin technology
- Green sight ring
- Pure aluminum material
If you are not familiar with A.R.M.O.R pin technology, this is considered an indestructible machined aluminum pin. Without getting too technical, it basically means you will enjoy more durability when you find the best bow sight offering this benefit.
One thing we do want to share is that the HHA OL-5519 is more expensive than most of the other bow sight reviews we provided earlier. However, if it is in your price range, you will not be disappointed.
Some Things You Should Consider
- This bow sight is designed especially with hunters’ needs in mind. HHA understands that you don’t have time in the field to make complicated adjustments which is why they designed this one-pin sight to be easy to line up with your target. You don’t need tools to make precise adjustments, and you will appreciate how easy it is to dial in the required yardage. Once the sight is set for 20 and 60 yards, you can automatically make accurate shots up to 80 yards. The yardage is increased in 5-yard increments so you can easily hit almost any target regardless of the distance -depending on your skills of course.
- The black color looks great on any bow, and it also lets the sight blend easily into your surroundings. The fiber optics are protected from the elements with a convenient hood, and this also allows you to use the sight in low-light settings. This is ideal for stalking prey at dawn or dusk when game animals are usually the most active. The fiber cable also measures 5 feet in length so your movements are not hampered by the sight. You will also appreciate the rheostat light which allows you to adjust the brightness of the pin. Whether you are target shooting or hunting you want a sight that can withstand almost any weather condition. This lightweight sight is designed to be durable and last through the rigors associated with use outdoors. You will also appreciate how easy the sight is to mount on almost any compound bow, and how simple it is to adjust to ensure that it is installed evenly.
8. HHA Optimizer Lite 3019 – Best single-pin bow sight for bow hunting
Another single-pin model that makes it to our list is the HHA Optimizer Lite 3019. It is most probably worth noting that this model has won the Bowhunting World’s Reader’s Choice accolade for ten years in a row, which is something that no other bow sight can brag about. Made in the US, this bow sight abides by the highest quality standards, and the fact that bowhunters pick it, year after year, only goes to prove its value.
Yardage tapes are provided with your purchase, and you will be able to set up targets from 20 to 80 yards, using increments of five yards. The fiber optics is ultra-bright, and you will notice that the entire construction is made with durability in mind.
Made from top-notch materials, this model will behave exemplarily out in the field. Both hunters and 3D shooters will find it a great option, due to its superior mathematical accuracy.
Most important features
- One .019-inch pin configuration
- A.R.M.O.R. pin technology that ensures extra durability by encasing the fiber optics in a sturdy aluminum housing
- R.D.S. technology for yardage adjustments
- Tool-less windage and elevation adjustments
Be aware that it might not work for just any bow. Some users say that they could not work with the provided hardware, so they had to glue the bow sight in place, which is, evidently, a less than ideal situation.
Some Things To Consider
– The accuracy this model provides is based on a few features that will make your life easier, regardless of whether you are a bowhunter, or a 3D shooter looking to impress the competition. The elevation arm has a smooth operation, and you will just love making adjustments. Also, you will notice that the model comes with preprinted sight tapes that will let you determine with maximum accuracy how you are going to shoot at distances between 20 and 80 yards. The fine micro-click adjustments help, as they work in 5-yard increments for maximum convenience.
– Its excellent durability might be, however, the thing that will make you feel like you hit the jackpot with this model. It hasn’t been the readers’ choice, according to Bowhunting World, for nothing. It comes with a 100% lifetime warranty, and it is made in the US, which means that you should expect superior quality and performance in any way. It must have something to do with the use of A.R.M.O.R. pin technology that enhances the durability of the unit. The fiber optic is encapsulated in this system, which means that no wear and tear will be able to damage it. Navigating harsh terrain conditions or dealing with inclement weather will not stop you on your quest to hit the mark with maximum accuracy every time.
– If advanced mathematics isn’t your thing, you should be well aware that this bow sight can save you from all headaches of this kind. The R.D.S. technology used by the manufacturer will offer you the ability to work a 2-distance calibration system so that you can ensure superior accuracy for your shots.
– Convenience is often paramount in bowhunting gear, and the HHA Optimizer Lite 3019 has plenty of it. You won’t need any tool to operate the various adjustments available, and overall, you will discover that this model comes with superior ease of use. You only need to take your aim, use the dial system in place to customize your yardage, and then shoot. The chances are that you might even take yourself by surprise with the results you will be able to yield once you start using this particular bow sight.
9. APEX GEAR Covert – One of the most accurate vertical sights
In case you don’t need a particularly fancy bow sight, you will like what the APEX GEAR Covert can offer for the money. For a price that is half of other bow sights available, this model still does a pretty decent job at helping you acquire your target when you need a little bit of extra accuracy to land a successful shot.
One aspect that must be said about this particular model is that its aperture housing comes with tilt adjustments that work both vertically and horizontally. You will make great use of the windage and elevation adjustments that work with a micro-click operation.
Not only is the pin available but also the ring glows in the dark, helping you with extra visibility when light conditions are low. A thing that makes this model stand out is the ability to change the color of the pin in seconds, for quick adaptation to field conditions. So you can make it go from red to yellow, and then to green, without a glitch.
- It comes with both .010-inch and .019-inch pin sights
- The machined aluminum construction is sturdy
- Visible yardage tape
- Easy micro adjustments
According to some reviewers, it appears that this bow sight tends to be noisy, which can be quite a significant drawback, seeing how you want to remain deadly silent when you are out in the field.
Some Things To Consider
– Most probably the selling point of this well-equipped bow sight is the price tag. You might not expect a model that basically comes loaded with features to cost under the 100-dollar mark, but this one does. If you happen to grab it at a discount, you will get an even better deal. It is also versatile since it allows you to swap different-sized pins with great ease. You most probably won’t get a better deal for this price, which is why it is among our choices for single-pin configurations.
– The amount of adjustments on this model is another great plus that we feel obligated to talk about. For starters, you can work on the windage and elevation, and the micro-click adjustments you can make qualify this model for 3D shooting, and not only for hunting, in case that is something you want to do. The incremental adjustment option is often found on models with multiple pins, but we want to cover all the bases, which is why we recommend this particular option that brings together what’s best of both worlds. Also, you might be surprised to learn that this model works with dual and third-axis adjustments, which means that you will be able to spot and take your aim at targets that are located at awkward angles or at far distances from you.
– Speaking of far distances, if you have been looking for the right equipment to include the yardage on your shots, you cannot ignore this bow sight. With the possibility to ensure that you can shoot at distances of up to 100 yards, the APEX GEAR Covert comes with plenty of yardage tapes to ensure that you get to shoot with the precision you need to hone your skill as a bowhunter.
– You will not have to worry about visibility in low-light conditions. The pins are decently bright, although some people might not be that pleased with them. In case you may discover that you are one of these people, just take advantage of the included light that will make it easy for you to find your target and aim at it, even when you don’t face perfect environmental conditions. As you can see, the APEX GEAR Covert offers what you can usually discover on more expensive models, so it is pretty neat that you can take advantage of this top-of-the-line feature, while spending considerably less.
10. Trophy Ridge React-One – Top-rated adjustable one-pin sight
If there is one thing we should say right away about this model is that it is a one-pin design, and not a multiple-pin model, like others now available. Now you may be wondering whether the fact that this model comes with only one pin instead of multiple ones is an advantage or a drawback. Here are some things you should know about this particular configuration.
One advantage this model presents is its smooth adjustment system. You won’t have to manipulate a micro-click system to adjust windage, elevation, and yardage. The smooth operation of the knobs gives you that refined accuracy that bow hunters who are no longer novices can surely appreciate.
The pin available is very bright and allows you to see in low-light conditions, while the included rheostat light extends your possibility of hunting at any hour. It appears that more experienced users can achieve incredible results when shooting with the help of this bow sight.
- One .010-inch pin is available in the configuration
- It is available in both left-handed and right-handed options
- Made from aluminum
- Yardage stickers included with your purchase
It appears that shooting with this bow sight takes some skill to acquire superior precision, so beginners might not find it such an appealing choice. However, seeing its simplicity of design and operation, you might want to give it a shot.
Some Things To Consider
– You must bear in mind that this is a single-pin bow sight and it has its ups and downs for this reason. If you have only used multiple-pin models so far, and you want to try a model with just one pin, you will make a good choice if you pick this one. As expected from a company of this caliber, its one-pin models are on par with the ones that use multiple pins, regarding the accuracy, as well as other advantages. You can adjust this model to shoot at distances varying between 20 and 100 yards, so you will be able to expand your range in the most convenient manner possible.
– Adjustments are easy to make and among the advantages that make this particular bow sight such an excellent option for most bowhunters. You will notice that this model doesn’t work with micro-click adjustments, so, if you are among those people who like to engage in 3D shooting competitions, you will find this aspect a drawback. However, if you prefer making your adjustments on the go, without the need for any tool, you will discover that customizing elements such as windage, elevation, and yardage, with the use of the available knobs, is a real breeze. For those who like having plenty of freedom when they are out in the field, this particular feature can be seen as an advantage. Also, it must be mentioned that this model caters to both right-handed and left-handed users, which is another great plus.
– Taking a look at the overall construction of this bow sight will tell you a few things. For instance, the fact that the body is made from aluminum is an upside because it means that the model will resist some wear and tear without a glitch. Also, you can drag it along with you through all weather conditions, because the aluminum body will not catch corrosion or rust. However, there is something you need to bear in mind here, and that is the simple fact that it is a bit on the heavy side, as it weighs around ten ounces. For anyone who wants to keep a compound bow setup lightweight, such a bow sight might not be the most indicated option.
– You may appreciate the fact that this model comes with a rheostat light and that the pin is also visible, to grant you that advantage you most probably want when you are out in the field, and the light conditions are less than ideal. However, you should remember to check the legislation in the state where you’re going to hunt, as some may not approve of such an accessory. If that is the case, you can ask Trophy Ridge customer service to remove the light for you.
11. TRUGLO Pendulum – Best bow sight to use on a tree stand
We believe the best advantages are available for hunters who use tree stands. Elevated shots can be tricky, so it’s important to use a pendulum sight like the TRUGLO, so you can benefit from the compensation. This option provides automatic compensation up to 35 yards, which is a huge advantage for any hunter.
The biggest benefit associated with this sight is the ability to lock the pendulum. This eliminates the need to demount your sight and mount a compatible version if you are hunting on the ground at some point. It is like purchasing two sights for the price of one.
After testing both options out, the TRUGLO Pendulum sight offers superior accuracy for both ground and elevated hunting. In our opinion, it is the best pendulum bow sight available today.
- .019 inch sighting pin
- 8-inch aperture diameter
- Adjustable rheostat violet light
- Yardage tapes with pre-printed distances
Earlier we discussed the TRUGLO Pendulum sight’s ability to automatically adjust. This occurs because the ring is on a pivot. Whenever you raise or lower the bow, it maintains a vertical position, so you can shoot out of a treestand or another elevated position. We’ve received several questions regarding this, so thought it would be important to share with you in our best bow sight reviews.
Some Things You Should Consider
- Truglo has designed this bow sight to be comfortable for left and right hand archers, though it should be not that a small screw must first be removed. Its pendulum design also makes this sight ideal for making accurate shots from the ground, since it can be easily locked into place. The single pin can also be adjusted so you can hit your target in the center, even when you are firing arrows vertically from a tree stand.
- This compound bow sight is also designed to be easy to install, which is always an advantage. A level will help ensure that it is mounted evenly so you can consistently hit your targets exactly where you aim. The yardage tape makes it easy for you to make accurate calculations, and the pin can be adjusted as needed. This sight also has the advantage of automatically compensating for distances up to 35 yards so you can concentrate on making your shot and not worrying about making tiny adjustments.
- The wrapped fiber optics ensure that you can always see your target in low light settings, and you can also remove or adjust the rheostat light so you can clearly line up the pin with the center. This sight is also designed to be quiet so you don’t have to worry about startling your prey, or causing others to miss their own shots. Its durable construction is designed to last for years, and since it is constructed from TruGlo you know that you are purchasing a quality bow sight.
Bow Sight Types
1. Fixed Pin Sights
– Considered the most common choice, these sights provide anywhere from three to five pins. If you are shooting a projectile at close range, then the top pin will be used while aiming. The bottom pin is used for longer distances. We recommend setting each individual pin before heading out on your next hunting adventure, unless you know how to set these in a short amount of time.
When setting each pin you must come up with three to five distances that will not be difficult to remember. Most hunters will do this by using specific increments, but it will depend on the type of hunting you are doing each time out. We would recommend sticking with five or ten yard increments.
Even though these are “fixed” by tightening each pin, they can still be readjusted. In fact, there are some instances where hunters will have to readjust their pins in the field. If you are good at judging unknown distances then this will be a simple process. However, if you are still increasing your knowledge around this skill trait, it will take a little trial and error.
2. Moveable or Single Pin Sights
– If you are interested in moveable pin sights, we recommend these for intermediate and advanced hunters. Unlike the fixed pins which offer three to five distance sets, these are designed with one pin. In order to adjust it for your next shot, the entire housing unit will either slide up or down.
Properly adjusting a moveable pin sight can be done in seconds. Just remember to utilize the white tape along the rear of the sight. This will provide you with the opportunity to mark what the distance is, and then use it whenever needed. We love this benefit, because it allows you to just move the pointer based on the current distance situation. Most importantly, you create it (unless you purchase or the sight comes with pre-made distance tape), so use whatever is helpful for your hunting strategy.
If you need a little help getting started, it’s a good idea to make larger marks (similar to what you see on a ruler) for the normal distances of five or ten yard increments. Once these are in place you can make smaller marks for everything else in between (e.g. 8 yards, 17 yards, etc.).
3. Pendulum or Treestand Sights
– Every hunter understands the difference between shooting on level ground, uneven terrain, or elevated areas. The latter requires a different type of sight, which will compensate for those tough downhill shots. Most hunters spend more time on the ground than in tree stands, so accurately judging these yardages can be a little more difficult.
Hunters who use a pendulum sight in these situations will become more accurate almost instantly. It might take several shots to fully understand how these sights work, but only because the sight pin will swing out and up to compensate for the odd angle. It’s very different from fixed and moveable pin sights, so take the time to understand this version before using it.
Most of these sights are not designed to work on the ground or shooting on uneven terrain. They are specifically built to help hunters with short-range shots and downhill angles. If you do not hunt in an elevated position, a tree stand sight is not for you. If you do then it’s a must have while hunting.
– If you are looking for a competition sight, also known as a target sight, then you know these are not designed for hunting. There are plenty of hunters that use them from time to time, but based on the cost alone, we would never recommend these a “first choice” option.
However, competition sights have a plethora of features that will make a hunter salivate. Individuals interested in a little competition will love the technology and sophistication associated with each one. Some of the features include:
- Click adjustments for wind and elevation needs
- Quick-disconnect systems for mounting and demounting
- Similar to a moveable pin sight
- Threaded receivers for a variety of aiming points
The optimal word here is; precision. Competition sights are built to provide exact precision, and the investment for these can be quite costly. We definitely do not recommend them for hunting purposes, but if you are planning on entering an archery tournament, it’s imperative that you purchase the right one.
Our bow sight reviews summary
During the research process, our goal was to help avid hunters like you, find the best quality bow sight for the best price. Each review you read today is not only based on our personal preferences, but also on other hunters using the same products. Take the time to read them over and find the right bow sight for your needs.
We consider each one of these to be the best bow sight available in their category. Each one of the reviews above was designed to eliminate the need for you to do the research yourself. We took into account each hunter’s or target archer’s skill levels. We believe through our extensive research, you have been able to learn more about fixed pin sights, moveable pin sights, adjustable versions, pendulum choices, and even sights that will help you become a better marksman through use of muscle memory technology.
Even though hunting without sight has always provided a primitive appeal, most hunters prefer using them. They offer additional accuracy; one that a hunter cannot gain with instinct unless they are considered experts in the field. If you are ready to take the next step and become a better hunter or target shooter in competitions, pick the best compound bow sight based on your needs, and start enjoying all the benefits a sight can offer.