One of the latest releases from the Micro crossbow collection of Excalibur, the 340 is one of the most affordable products ever introduced. It can shoot at a speed of up to 340 fps and comes with the manufacturer’s Gen II Recurve Limb technology that brings value. The weapon is considered suitable for hunting most big and small game in the U.S., and a reliable partner no matter the weather outside. Compact and capable, the Excalibur Micro 340 delivers easy-to-maneuver performance and moves easily in any type of background.
- Dead-Zone scope
- 4-arrow quiver
- 3 quill arrows with 100gr field points
- Rope cocking aid
- R.E.D.S. limb saver dampeners
|Speed (Up to)||340 fps|
|Kinetic Energy (Up to)||62 ft-lbs|
|Length (w/o foot stirrup)||31.75 inches|
|Width Axle-to-Axle (uncocked/cocked)||25/21 inches|
|Power Stroke||13 inches|
|Weight (w/out accessories)||5.6 lbs|
|Draw Weight||270 lbs|
If you like versatility and incredible precision, the new Excalibur Micro 340 is an excellent choice for your next hunting trip. The product’s key feature is the lightweight design that increases portability and reduces hand fatigue, allowing you to easily handle the crossbow for hours in a row, without the slightest discomfort.
- Unlike many other similar products, the frame of this product is made of aluminum, which makes it lightweight and durable at the same time. Therefore, you won’t have to worry about it breaking, chipping, or corroding due to various weather conditions.
- Reaching a speed of up to 340 fps, the Micro 340 is a capable crossbow, suitable for hunting most types of game in the country, from deer and rabbits to turkeys, squirrels, and other animals.
- The camouflage print makes the crossbow virtually invisible, providing you a great advantage when hunting in any environment. Using the right type of camouflage gear, you can blend in with the rest of the setting and watch your prey for as long as you want before shooting your weapon.
- The Guardian Anti-Dry Fire system, combined with the smooth-breaking trigger delivers safety and prevents the crossbow from unwanted and dangerous discharges.
- The limbs found on this model may feel too short for some users but don’t be quick to judge as they are also stout. The reason behind the smaller version of these limbs is that they need to be substantial to generate the 340 fps velocity when shooting your crossbow.
Build Quality – Durability
As we previously mentioned, unlike many other similar models that are made of less-sturdy materials, the Micro 340 boasts an aluminum body, designed for increased comfort, extra durability, and convenience in maneuvering. Weighing just 5.6 pounds without accessories, the crossbow can be easily used with one hand and carried around without causing shoulder or hand fatigue.
The product makes use of the R.E.D.S limb saver dampener system located above. Overall, the unit is functional and comes with glass-filled nylon injections for its tough foundation.
Apart from the light design, you will be pleased to find out that the Excalibur Micro 340 was created to withstand all weather conditions and deliver high accuracy, no matter the amount of light outside.
The resourceful design allows easy assembly and disassembly, which is particularly important for traveling archers and those who don’t like spending too much time in one place.
Speed and Performance
The Micro 340 shoots at speeds up to 340 fps and comes with included Micro Quill arrows and 100gr field tips, which are perfect for hunting both big and small game in the country’s territory. It is particularly suitable for hunting turkeys but Micro 340 is also successfully used for rabbits, squirrels, deer, beavers, and others.
The product seems to dish out the right amount of power when hunting. Professional hunters may find the speed lacking but it’s mainly a subjective matter.
At a distance of 40 yards, the Micro 340 continues to make pinpoint shots, making the crossbow suitable for all types of game. Therefore, the product delivers high accuracy at various velocities and distances, so you can count on it to never miss your target, no matter how windy or rainy it is outside.
Safety is one of the biggest concerns of the brand, and this is why most of its items are equipped with the Guardian anti-dry fire system. The system is simple, effective, and easy to operate in case anything goes wrong.
Even without an automatic safety feature, the Micro 340 excels at the safety department. Cocking it, you’ll have to push the two-position safety switch down. The process might take a while to get used to but it will protect you from misfires.
Noise and Vibration
The Micro 340 comes with standard Air Brakes and the sound deadening system pre-installed from the factory.
Pairing it with the R.E.D.S. string stops, this crossbow shares similar dampening features with the Suppressor model bows. In other words, because of the reduced speeds and the suppression package, the weapon is one of the quietest models ever built by Excalibur.
The vibrations are also kept to a minimum to enhance the overall hunting experience and help you accurately fire every time you push the trigger.
Ease of Use and Assembly
Unlike many other similar models on the market, the new crossbow from Excalibur comes equipped with the Quick Loc technology. In just two simple steps, you can remove the front end of the weapon and re-attach it to the main stock assembly, without losing accuracy.
Assembling the device is a simple process because some of the parts have been attached by the manufacturer for faster and easier installation. The design of this crossbow is also more practical than other similar models, so the parts are more durable when it comes to wearing signs.
To sum up, the Excalibur Micro 340 is fast enough to get the job done, no matter the size of the game you’re hunting. It is lightweight and accessible, providing enhanced accuracy and ease of use.