How do you make one of the world’s best crossbows even better? By reducing its dimensions and turning it into a smaller, more compact weapon. Proof that all great things come in small packages, the new Micro 335 is the ideal product for hunting in tight cover or ground blinds. It is quiet and smooth to shoot without losing the accuracy of other Excalibur crossbows, making it a great ally for everyone who is looking to improve their hunting performance.
The lightweight body comes with rubber grip inserts for extra control and an incredibly comfortable grip. The camouflage print design is perfect for blending in with the environment and making you virtually invisible while you’re waiting for your prey.
- Dead-Zone scope for incredibly good aim
- One-inch rings
- 4-arrow quiver
- 4 quill arrows with 150gr field points for extra durability and amazing strength
- Ambidextrous cheekpiece to accommodate both lefties and right-handed people
- R.E.D.S. suppressors
- Guardian Anti-Dry-Fire System to keep you protected at all times and prevent involuntary discharge
- Rope-cocking aid
|Speed (Up To)||335 fps|
|Kinetic Energy (Up to)||87 feet-lbs|
|Length (w/o foot stirrup)||33.5 inches|
|Width Axle-to-Axle (uncocked/cocked)||24.75/21.5 inches|
|Power Stroke||10 inches|
|Weight (w/out accessories)||5.2 lbs|
|Draw Weight||270 lbs|
As we previously mentioned, one of the best features of the new Excalibur Micro 335 is its reduced weight, which makes it more portable and convenient to carry around. At just 5.2 pounds, you won’t have to worry about hand fatigue or wrist pain, even when practicing shooting or waiting for your target for hours.
- Despite its lightweight frame and total weight of just 5.2 pounds, expect the Excalibur Micro 335 to shoot a 350-grain arrow at 355 fps, which gives it one of the best power-to-weight ratios for any crossbow available on the market.
- The new Micro 335 is incredibly accurate and amazingly quiet, making it a suitable addition to your hunting gear and allowing you to hunt in any weather or terrain conditions without any flaw.
- The new Feather-Lite skeletonized stock includes rubber grip inserts to add more control and a comfortable feel, while the ambidextrous cheek-piece can be adjusted to accommodate both right-handed people and lefties.
- We also liked the overall design and camouflage print of this crossbow that allows it to blend in with the environment, increasing your chances when hunting for any animal outdoors.
- The kinetic energy of the bolt is not published but you can easily calculate it given all the other data provided by the manufacturer. The number of roughly 87 feet-lbs is significantly less than many other similar crossbows available on the market, so make sure you know this aspect before purchasing the Excalibur Micro 335.
- Any other weaknesses or flaws in this product come with certain accessories, but there is nothing to worry about or too hard to fix.
Build Quality – Durability
Weighing just 5.2 pounds, this weapon is made of quality materials that won’t break, chip, or corrode in time, ensuring increased durability season after season. It is powerful enough to allow you to hunt most big game in the woods easily, without adding too much pressure on your hands or shoulders.
The rubber insertions around the handle deliver a comfortable grip and will prevent the crossbow from slipping and causing accidents or disturbances in the hunting process.
One of the best things we liked about the Micro 335 is the compact design that makes it extremely convenient to carry around, even in your backpack. As a result, you can take it with you anywhere you go and enjoy accurate hunting, no matter the size of the prey.
The combination of metal, aluminum, and rubber parts make the crossbow reliable in all weather and terrain conditions, while the camouflage print represents an excellent choice for those who want to blend in with the environment and become invisible.
As a result, you’ll have an advantage when hunting for turkeys, deer, squirrels, and even bears, as long as you wear the rest of your camouflage attire and remain quiet.
Speed and Performance
The Micro 335 benefits from a maximum speed of 335 fps, which makes it one of the fastest options in its price range. Combined with the kinetic energy of approximately 87 feet-lbs, you shouldn’t have any trouble using the crossbow to hunt the biggest game, including turkeys, rabbits, squirrels, deer, and others.
The product also comes equipped with a Dead-Zone scope that is compact and delivers quality optics for hunters. What’s great about it is that you can adjust it to match speeds between 275 fps to 410 fps, which means the scope represents a flexible option in case you ever want to change your arrow setup.
Moreover, the 30mm tube allows you to perform well even in low-light hunting conditions, so you’ll have no problem spending an entire day and night out hunting for the big prize.
We have already mentioned how accurate the Micro 335 is due to its amazing scope, incredible speed, and overall lightweight body. Combined with the strong arrows, this crossbow will help you shoot cleanly and never miss your target, even at short distances of 30 yards.
Although you won’t have any safety concerns when it comes to handling this unit, some customers mentioned that the safety on the Micro 335 doesn’t auto-engage while cocking, which means you’ll have to do it manually. It might be a little more time-consuming and annoying to remember every time you shoot an arrow.
However, it does come with an excellent anti-dry-fire system to prevent accidents and injuries from the unwanted shooting.
Noise and Vibration
The limbs of the Excalibur Micro 335 employ the Recoil Energy Dissipation System (REDS) which eliminates vibration and enhances the stealth of the weapon. Therefore, you shouldn’t experience any discomfort when handling the crossbow.
Ease of Use and Assembly
This particular weapon is a recurve, which means less moving parts that can potentially fail, making the product a great choice whenever you’re traveling miles away from home for a new hunting expedition.
This also means that the crossbow is easy to assemble and shouldn’t require the expertise of a professional to get it up and going.
In conclusion, Excalibur Micro 335 represents a great option for professional hunters who want to benefit from a lightweight, portable, yet powerful and extremely accurate crossbow. It is easy to handle and maneuver and suitable for both left-handed and right-handed hunting enthusiasts.