Some Things You Should Consider Before Buying These Binoculars
- With a waterproof and fogproof design, it goes without saying that the Bushnell Legend Ultra HD model should be at the top of every hunter’s list of binos that are at least worth checking out. It’s capable of withstanding the abuse of the elements, and this is just what you need if you aren’t sure of the weather conditions you’ll have to face on your hunting trip.
- The product has a 10x magnification power and a 42mm objective lens diameter. While the 10x spec is great for those hunters who have more or less steady hands, we would recommend opting for an 8x alternative if you want to avoid image shakiness at all cost. As for the objective size, 42 mm is more than enough when it comes to light gathering, so the pictures you will look at will be bright and clear.
- If you’re worried about durability because you’re most likely not looking to invest in a pair of binoculars time and again and for every hunting season, we’ll put your mind at ease by telling you that the rain guard boasted by this model renders it capable of standing anything from moisture to snow, sleet, or condensation. The optical components on the inside of these binoculars will never let you down. In fact, they will provide you with clear images even when the temperature of the environment changes all of a sudden.
- The rubberized coating is another advantage you will get to enjoy if you decide to opt for this product since it will allow you to rest assured that you won’t drop the binoculars on the ground. On the other hand, if this does happen, the binos won’t suffer any significant damage — of course, it depends on the height from which they fall. If you drop them from a tree, they might sustain a bit of damage if they don’t end up on some leaves.
- The field of view of these binos is 340 feet measured at a distance of 1000 yards, so that means that the FoV is actually excellent for a 10x optical device. In this respect, it will undoubtedly meet and even exceed your expectations. If you are looking to engage in some weekend birdwatching, for example, they can also satisfy you in this sense.
- One area where this pair of binoculars doesn’t really shine is its eye relief. Judging by the feedback that it has received from people who wear eyeglasses, the eye relief measures around 15.2 mm, which means that it is just at the limit of being comfortable and less user-friendly. This size is the absolute minimum you might need to still be able to get the full field of view through them while you are wearing your glasses.
- It’s also worth noting that the Bushnell Legend Ultra HD includes several accessories, which you might not get if you were to try out similar models. A neck strap, a carry bag made out of microfiber, as well as a soft carry case are all provided in the box and will help you extend the durability of the product. This unit does not include the lens caps, though, so if you want to protect the lenses, too, you will have to invest in such an extra separately.
- The 340-ft field of view of these binoculars (at 1000 yards) makes them a great choice for people who enjoy activities such as hunting or wildlife viewing, including birding.
- Since they come with a rubber armor, these binoculars have a good chance of standing the test of time. They won’t necessarily sustain damage if they are dropped, but this kind of mishap is actually prevented by the texture they have on the casing as you’ll be able to hold them properly.
- Weighing in at just 1.54 lbs, these binoculars can be considered compact and lightweight even though they have a 10x magnification power and an objective lens measuring 42 mm.
- This optical device is both fog-proof and waterproof, so it can be used in virtually any type of weather conditions.
- The ED Prime Extra-Low Dispersion glass allows for excellent contrast and resolution, and it lets you use the binos even at problematic times of day such as dusk and dawn.
- The size of the eye relief might not be to the liking of people who wear glasses.
- They’re not the most affordable binos in this category, but they do offer plenty of value.
Bushnell Legend Ultra HD Binoculars Review Summary
If you’ve been in the market for a pair of 10x binoculars for the purpose of hunting for quite a while, you’ll be glad to know that the Bushnell Legend Ultra HD model boasts a waterproof and fogproof build that enables it to withstand pretty much any type of weather, be it inclement or not.
The ED Prime Extra-Low dispersion glass used for the lenses of this product makes it capable of meeting your expectations in terms of resolution, color contrast, and brightness. These binos can be used even at dusk or dawn and they’ll still show you where your target is located. The 340-ft field of view (at 1000 yards) makes them versatile as they can also be used for birding, for instance. Click here for the top hunting binoculars right now